For the purposes of Data Protection Regulations and Legislation WMS Alderney 2 Limited is the Data Controller We are registered in the States of Alderney at Inchalla, Le Val, Alderney GY9 3UL, British Channel Islands. We are also registered with the Data Protection Commissioner in Bailiwick of Guernsey - http://www.dpr.gov.gg/. We comply with Data Protection Law (Bailiwick of Guernsey) 2001 and United Kingdom Data Protection Act 1998. In addition, we consult EU Privacy Law, applicable to the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (“OECD”) guidelines, particularly in regard to the transfer of data across borders and the protection of that data.
Personal Information We May Collect From You
“Personal Information” is any information about you and may include your first and last name, an email, home or other physical address, credit / or debit card number and date of birth, details of winnings and account transfers along with other contact information and any other information you may wish to provide to us. You may access and use some parts of the Site without giving us any of your Personal Information. However, in order to play our games, whether free play or for cash, or use certain portions of the Site, you will need to provide us with Personal Information. This information is required in order for us to register you on our Site and open an account for you, as well as to comply with various regulations including, but not limited to, the terms of our eGambling License issued by the Alderney Gambling Control Commission and Anti Money Laundering regulations. We, or third parties that we engage, may use this Personal information in order to enable you to access the Site, play the games, and make use of the JackpotParty online gaming services and for us to administer the Site.
We may collect and process the following Personal Information about you:
- You provide Personal Information (such as your name, date of birth and email address) to the Website when choosing to participate in various activities on the Website such as registering, posting messages in our forums, entering games and using our Services, taking advantage of promotions, responding to surveys, or subscribing to mailing lists.
- Personal Information may also be collected when contacting us for any reason, posting and uploading content and material (including your personal profile), communicating with other users on our Website such as via online forums, chat rooms or requesting further services or information. We may also ask you for information if you complain or report any problems with our Website.
- You may also provide Personal Information by creating or participating in our games and other Services which are available on our Website. This may include images, photos, videos and other content uploaded or posted by you.
- We may collect and process the following data about you:
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and your contact details;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
To ensure a good quality of service we may monitor and record any communication you have with us (or with other users online) in writing, by phone or by electronic mail. E-mail is not encrypted to/ from this Website. The Company recommends that with the exception of your name and username you do not send us Personal Information by e-mail. Any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk.
Non-Personal Information, Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help the Company to improve the Website and to deliver a better service to you.
How We Use Information
We may use the Personal Information we collect on the Site in order to allow you access and make use of our Site and its Services, to allow you to participate in the Services offered, to operate and administer the Site and your play and participation with the Site and WMS, process your online transactions (including to send money to and from us, including through third-party electronic payment processors and/or financial institutions), undertake security, age and identification verification checks, including the use of third parties, respond to your questions and information requests, contact you about products and services that we consider may interest you and for related purposes.
We may also use your Personal Information, or permit selected third parties to use such data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these.
If you are an existing user, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which we offer on our Website.
If you are a new user, and where we permit selected third parties to use your Personal Information, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not wish to receive future marketing, promotional or sales material from the Company or selected third parties, you may notify the Company that no further material be sent to you. You can do this by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Company will as soon as reasonably practicable after receiving your request, remove your contact details from its marketing database.
The Company will also retain such information and may analyse it in order to investigate any actual or suspected fraudulent or other criminal activity. All rights in the manner of recording your Personal Information held by the Company (including copyright and database rights) are and shall remain its property.
Telephone calls relating to users may be recorded and may be actively monitored for which purposes all users hereby consent.
Disclosing Your Information
- We may have third parties provide certain services on or for this Site and to administer this Site. We may provide information, including Personal Information, to such third-party service providers to help us deliver programs, products, information, and services. Examples include, without limitation, hosting and administering the Site, verifying your age, sending communications (including marketing communications) on our behalf, analyzing data, and maintaining mailing lists, providing technical support, processing your online transactions and maintaining your online account. These third parties may have access to this Site's user information, but only limited to the extent required to perform their services to you and in order to perform these functions. We take steps to ensure that our arrangements with third-parties protect your privacy at all times and that any third parties will abide by our standards of privacy protection as well as applicable Data Protection Regulations.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties where we are requested by regulators to provide Personal Information we shall comply with such requests and will cooperate with investigatory bodies such as police and governments when asked. We may also use your Personal Information to conduct checks on your identity and share this data with other qualified and contracted service providers to ensure the integrity and security of the gaming environment and Site.
- We may also disclose your Personal Information to any member of our group of companies which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties to protect the rights, property or safety of WMS, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We may transfer and disclose information about our users, including Personal Information, and may use internet protocol addresses to identify users: (1) in cooperation with internet service providers, law enforcement agencies and regulators when required to do so or when WMS in good faith believes that such action is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation or to protect and defend WMS’ rights, interests or property, or to protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public, (2) at the request of regulators or governmental authorities conducting an investigation, or (3) to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing the Site and applicable laws and WMS’ licenses. If, in our sole determination, we have reason to believe that you have cheated or attempted to defraud WMS or any other user of the Site in any way, including but not limited to game manipulation or payment fraud, or if we suspect you of making a fraudulent payment, including use of stolen credit cards, or any other fraudulent or improper activity (including any chargeback or other reversal of a payment) or prohibited transaction (including money laundering), we reserve the right to share this information together with your Personal Information with other online gaming sites, banks, credit card companies as well as law enforcement and regulatory agencies.
- Additionally, if all or substantially all the assets of WMS is acquired, or if the company otherwise engages in a fundamental corporate change, Personal Information collected by WMS would be one of the transferred or disclosed assets.
Where we Store Your Personal Information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Access to your Personal Information
You may at any time request a copy of your Personal Information held by us in accordance with subject access rules in the Data Protection Act 1998 (UK) and the Data Protection Law (Bailiwick of Guernsey) 2001
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Updating Your Information and Choices
Changing Personal Information: You can change most of your Personal Information by logging on to the Site and editing them in the My Account page. In certain circumstances you may need to contact our Customer Service team using one of the methods below. In any event our Customer Service representatives will be pleased to advise you on how to update your Personal Information. However, the security for your Personal Information relies on the combination of your password remaining completely confidential and known only to you.
Third Party Websites
Your Financial Data
We provide a secure log in system for users with funds in their account, and urge you to keep your details private. We do not store any of our users' credit or debit card numbers in clear text, and all transactions are processed using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We work with some of the world’s most trusted payment providers to process transactions through our site.
© WMS Alderney 2 Limited. All rights reserved.
Last revised: 12 July 2012